Just a few pictures in the snow…

I tried, honest I did, but had some “momma” time today… I have the pictures taken now and will work like crazy to get this listed on Ebay Friday evening.

I went outside this morning, while it was still cold mind you, and took a few pictures of the girls in the snow. It was supposed to get up to 35 degrees today and I was concerned that the snow would all melt and then I’d have no snow pictures to show you… I grabbed my girls and tried to find a spot that wasn’t “covered in tracks” and even this spot on the bricks had a few birdie tracks…

I’ll save the rest of the pics for the next post, but here are some sunny, snowy pictures to hold you over… Hope you like them…

…and because Linda wanted to see the coat over the dress… here’s 2 more pictures…

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne

Please spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this pageEmail this to someone

A “Promise of Spring” poem…

It won’t look like much, but really it is
The details are finished, oh I’m such a whiz
The sleeves, they are hemmed and the buttons sewn on
The hems are finished and the wrinkles all gone
The tam has 2 buttons to keep it in style
I hope you like it and hope that you smile
It won’t be much longer till you see it for sale
This “Promise of Spring” ~ filled with every detail

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne

Please spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this pageEmail this to someone

A new take on Samantha’s Meet dress…and a really big surprise!

I didn’t get started sewing until late this evening, but I did make some progress on the blue dress. I finished the collar with a piece of lace that Cindy sent me. The card it was wrapped on said it was a vintage German lace. I used the last of it to make the decorative accents on the bodice.

Instead of the dress having a sash that sort of hit at the high hip area and criss crossing in front, I decided to stitch my lace down in the bodice area. It’s just a little different look than how Samantha’s original meet dress looked.

The sleeves are finished with snaps at the cuffs and should stay down nicely when the coat is put on.

I still have the back to finish and then the hem…

There’s the hemming on the coat and also finishing the sleeves.

I’ll be done pretty soon… I was thinking of calling this one “Winter Blues” unless I get any other suggestions and am persuaded otherwise! :o)

Now, for the SURPRISE…this JUST happened…

I knew I had made some doll a dress out of this fabric before and searched in all my pictures for it. I couldn’t locate it, but did remember a green print dress I had made for my earlier Samantha using this meet dress as a pattern and was hoping to find a picture of it to show you how different the bodice looks done the “new” way. Well, to my surprise and almost disbelief… look what I found…

I just couldn’t believe it… it was SAMANTHA that had gotten the first dress. Never in a million years would I have remembered this.. it was back in 2007… I still can’t believe it… but here are a few more pictures… just to prove it.

I hope you like the new one as well as the old one… :o)

Thanks for your kind compliments on the set so far… That’s really encouraging to hear from you!

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne

Please spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this pageEmail this to someone

A coat and a dress… I had some success!

I always love it when things go together smoothly… don’t you? This set seems to be doing just that! The coat is looking pretty charming to me… feminine AND charming, I might add. I’ve had a thing for appliques and a “bigger” thing for double breasted buttons for as long as I can remember! There’s quite a few appliques AND buttons in my sewing room! :o) I’ve always loved capelets and things that show off the girlie side of doll clothes… without being too fussy. I’m hoping this one turns out pretty, but on the simple side.

I debated about putting fur on the edges of the coat or adding a trim but I decided to go a different route… a sweet venise applique tucked just under the collar and stitched down. That gave way to use some cream buttons I just found at the thrift store. I “knew” I’d find a use for them!

They are stitched on and snaps are hidden underneath.

I could have hemmed the sleeves and the bottom of the coat but decided to wait until the dress was done to make sure I had both the right lengths.

Years ago I bought a stained Samantha dress and cut it up for the pattern. I undid half of the dress and kept the other half intact so I could try it on dolls to make sure it fit their bodies. I’ve used it a few times as a pattern and decided this was the right dress to work under the coat.

I needed to see if I had enough fabric to cut out the dress and YAY… I did. I even had a scrap about the size of a potholder left over!

I managed to get the tucks pressed and then the shoulder seams sewn together… Here are my girls side by side showing off what looks to be a really pretty dress and coat set! I hope you like! :o)

Well, let’s see what I can get accomplished today!

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne

Please spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this pageEmail this to someone