A Valentine Wish from Samantha…

I did get Molly’s slip made, but it’s 10 minutes until midnight and I need to go to bed… however Samantha stepped in and said she’d be glad to model the slip for me…What a sweetheart!

I used 2 layers of white dotted netting and 2 layers of pale pink netting for a sweet slip…sort of drop waisted…

It will hold out the regular skirts and do a fabulous job on the drop waisted dresses!

Linda also sent some pictures of her girls dressed up in their Valentine finery… You’ll enjoy looking at her pictures.

Here’s Betsy McCall and Ivy…and aren’t they sweet?

This is Susan(?) Ruthie and Molly… beautiful girls, Linda!

…and here are some more of her girls… don’t you love her little scenes she creates?

I also found some old Valentine pictures of my first Samantha doll in a dress that had a silly title… “Samantha in Hot Pink dress with 2 ribbons!” Kind of a goofy name but I guess it worked…it sold… I hope you enjoy these pictures… on my “broad shouldered” Samantha…

Oh…and have a VERY Happy Valentine’s Day today!

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne

Please spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Ahhhh… time in my sewing room!

My hubby helped someone put in a gas fireplace today so I stayed home and sewed! YAY! I got some done, but it’s kind of like the electrical work my hubby was doing down in the basement a few days ago. His work won’t be seen, but it’s necessary for things to be right upstairs. I did all the handsewing, the snaps were sewn on, the buttons were decorated, the hem was handstitched, and everything inside was tacked down. It’s all the stuff that doesn’t show but is necessary for my dresses to suit me! :o)

I tried to make the dress sleeveless, but the pattern I used had too big of an armhole opening, so I ended up putting a little short puffed sleeve in.

I had decided to make the jacket separate, as many of you suggested, but now the jacket won’t work very well, with the puffed sleeve, so I’m going to give a lacey vest a try.

Somehow I lost my full length picture of the dress, so the half pictures will have to do. The skirt is nice and full and I added a piece of the vintage eyelet lace I was blessed with a little while back.

The back of the dress has pink buttons and they are sewn on using my “flower” way… I love it when I can add these on a dress. Snaps are hidden underneath.

Yay! I’m going to have a dress ready for Easter fairly soon! I can hardly believe it! Still lots to do, but I’m getting there!

Have a wonderful weekend,
See you Monday,
Blessings, Jeanne

Please spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Do you think this would work for Molly?

JUST A REMINDER: My “Is it Spring Yet?” dress and coat set listed on Ebay ends this evening. You can see it HERE or click on the picture at the right side bar. Thanks for taking a peek!

I received some fabric in the mail today and I was wondering who might look best in it. It is SO pretty and the pink squares are 1-1/8.” It is absolutely incredible to touch… like the softest, lightest fabric ever woven! It’s not a Lawn, but it sure feels like one…

I was hoping it would work for the Little Darlings, but it might be just a hair too big. I think it was Laura who suggested Molly is making a comeback with a new release and a new dress for her might be wonderful. I picked her to show the fabric against so you could see the scale…

I also have a piece of cotton lace that would make “something” to go with the dress. The fabric is pretty white, not like how this picture came out…

So, what do you think? Yes, no, maybe, mew? I’m open for suggestions!

Short and sweet today… I’m going to bed!

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne

Please spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this pageEmail this to someone

~ Is it Spring Yet? ~ Samantha’s dress set is finished!

I had a very nice weekend and hope you did too. One of the best parts of mine was finishing Samantha (and Nellie’s) dress and coat set! It was good to see the end in sight and I knew if I really tried, I could get it scheduled to go on Ebay Sunday evening. It IS now! You can see it by clicking on the picture at the right side bar or your can click HERE.

Now… a few things about it…

It was a nice day outside Sunday afternoon, so I took my girls out to the brick pile and took a few pictures so you could see the “real” color of the coat fabric. I hope this helps.

The sky wasn’t quite as blue as it was the other day in the blue coats…but still they looked nice and pretty outside!

The nice weather kind of derailed the tea party they might have had… I’ll wait until it’s definitely Spring for that!

I added some bullion roses on the front of the lace… and as I see them larger in my pictures, I think I might redo the leaves… and try to make them more symmetrical… I think I can do better…

I got those sleeve headers made from some tulle and they did the trick… pulled up the sleeves and made them look less droopy!

I added some tiny 2mm pink buttons between my pintucks on the sleeves… just for fun.

My buttonholer got a workout making five tiny button holes in the back of the dress and things went along splendidly…

…until…

…wait for it…

…wait for it…

…I flipped the dress over and saw I had left baby blue thread in the bobbin… EEK!

Oh dear… there was no way I was picking out those buttonholes just to rectify something that didn’t show… but I did have to squeal on myself and tell you… :o)

I don’t think I have any other surprises to share, so how about a few more pictures.. :o)

What a pretty girl my new Samantha is… *sigh*

See you tomorrow,
Blessings, Jeanne

Please spread the word!Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPrint this pageEmail this to someone